Wednesday, December 12, 2012

It’s FINE, don’t worry about it.

I love swimming in the ocean, out past the breakers, past the heavy swell, just moving in tune to the currents and stretching out my stride. 
Then pausing, floating back and enjoying the moment … but then I start to think about what is under me.

How far out am I?
How deep is this water?
Was that a dark shadow just over there?

Next minute I am looking around, sure I am not alone; replaying scenes from the Jaws movie I probably should not have just watched and trying to remember Psalm 8 where I am sure it says I have authority over what is in the sea … that I can’t see.

Anxiety moments come to us all, but the Bible tells us not to be anxious. Okay, don’t be anxious … there may be a shark under me about to eat me … but don’t be anxious …. 
ARE YOU KIDDING? How?

Philippians 4:6 says PRAY. Take it to God, with a heart reflecting on what you can be thankful about. It is amazing when we settle back into the right place with God … peace floods in and worry has to find a new address.

Don’t complicate it, keep it simple … your feet will follow your focus. It’s fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment